TLC and TLTP certifications

Currently, Judgeapps lists L2 judges with the TLC as “GP Day 2 Team Leader”. This is not really helpful as a) it does not allow an L2 to lead on Day 2, and b) it makes it difficult to know what this certification refers to, especially for less enfranchised judges. That is, if a judge sees “GP Day 2 Team Leader” next to someone’s name, it’s not immediately obvious that it means “TLC from 2018 or before which no longer qualifies to lead Day 2 at a GP”.

My suggestion is to change this certification to something like “GP Day 2 Team Leader (2018 only)”.

I am not sure if the TLTP certification currently exists in Judgeapps; if not then it should as several judges have earned this certification. If it does, then it should have wording to indicate that it is the current version, e.g. “GP Day 2 Team Leader (2019 and forward)” or “TLTP Day 2 Team Lead”, etc.

As far as I know there’s a TLTP certification on JudgeApps. It should probably read “Team Lead in Training Position”, which is the actual meaning of TLTP.
Maybe adding “(deprecated)” to the older certifications might help.

The TLC is still valid for two purposes until the end of 2019:

• It can be upgraded to the TLTP by completing a “mini-panel”
  • It is valid for the Level 3 Application

I will ask if they want me to rename the old role to reflect that those people can’t TL on day 2 (as they need to “upgrade” to the TLTP first).

The new TLTP certification does exist on JudgeApps and can be searched for using the Judge List: https://apps.magicjudges.org/judges/?filter_role=12

Granting the TLTP is handled through reviews submitted by the the person conducting the interview (for TLC -> TLTP upgrade) or by the supervising burgundy (for new TLTPs).