Showing as uncertified and cannot submit level update request

I recently qualified as a level one judge, but judgeapps is still showing me as uncertified. Here is a link to my judge academy profile. User Profile – Judge Academy

I attempted to do a level update request on the main site, but it gives me the error message that is cannot determine who my regional coordinator is. I have all the relevant information entered on my profile as far as I can tell.

Hi Steven! Congratulations on becoming a Level 1 Judge! Are your Judge Academy and Judge Apps profiles linked? If not, you can link them by logging into your Judge Academy account and going into the Edit Profile section. Once there, you should see an option to link them.

If your profiles are already linked then the Judge Apps data may just not be updated yet, I’m not sure how often it does.

If it’s been a while and your accounts are already linked, then I’m sure someone will be in here soon to help you.

Good luck, and take care! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unless you are talking about the Historic level migration, I’m not seeing any option to link the accounts.