L3 Application - L2 mentoring without cert

When entering information where one of the judges with whom the applicant participated extensively in pre-certification training and mentoring, but was not actually certified by the applying judge, the L1/L2 Advancement Reviews shows incomplete (yellow coloring and “x” by the section listed at the top). As written, the requirement in the broader section should be satisfied.

Is this intentional? It gives the person filling out the form the impression that their submission does not meet the requirements / is incomplete.

Hey Jacob!

My intention was for green to indicate “Complete/All Good”, red for “Incomplete and Blocking”, and yellow for “Incomplete but not Blocking” (that is, that item isn’t complete, but other items in the same section are). I’m open to other suggestions on the UI!

So the current implementation wraps the entire section in green, but highlights the certs in yellow if there aren’t two. I also saw yellow around the “15 other HJ” block while I was still entering events, which was definitely incomplete and should be blocking since that’s a requirement. This might’ve lead to my confusion on this point.

On the list up at the top, it looks like there are only checks and "x"s. Since there are three supported states for each section, perhaps a hyphen or similar ( - ) could be used to denote “Incomplete but not Blocking”? Maybe an exclamation point ( ! ) to call attention to it without indicating it is necessarily a problem?

Interesting. If one of the event sub-requirements was incomplete, it should have been red/red, not green/yellow. I’ll have to look into the scoring to make sure that’s set up properly.

I’ll look at the icons and see if I can find something different to use up there. I’ll probably add a legend, as well.

I think a legend would be quite useful. “Unfortunately” I’ve already submitted so I don’t know if I can get back at the form to reproduce things, but if there is some kind of dev environment where I could play with a dummy app I’m willing to put in some test time for you if that’d help.

Yeah, there was an issue with the way the scoring was being calculated because of a feature I added for something else. I’ve fixed the configuration to make sure that the events section (and similar) are red/red instead of green/yellow until all of the requirements are met.