How are comp rule changes implemented into exams?

We recently had quite a few chapters of the comp rules being renumbered. These changes seem to have been implemented into exams more or less automatically. Problem is that this always resets the translation status of any question refering to any renumbered part.
Can these automatic implementations be extended to all translations that exist for any given question as well?
If that is not possible can we somehow have a comment posted under each changed question just saying “CR 116.4 => CR 117.4” or something similar?
Because right many of the translation updates work this way that when anything is changed in a question (which resets the translation status) whoever made that change is supposed to post a comment with a brief description of the change to make life for our translation teams 100 times easier. That sadly doesn’t happen for the automatic updates so we now have to manually scan the whole question, all answers and the xplanation for any changes to update the translation.

Paul runs a script that makes the text substitutions manually. I have never seen or used this script, but I would guess that it isn’t working on TranslatedQuestions, only the main English version. That script is updating the “last edited” timestamp (intentionally or unintentionally), which marks the translations as stale. He might be able to update the script to also work on translated questions. You or Louis would have to ask him about that, though, I don’t think I have access to the script.

Is that Paul Baranay? Louis said that he would not be online the next couple of weeks so I guess I will just message him and hope that this would be an easy fix to either include the translations or to simply also add a comment with a hint on what was changed :smiley:

That’s correct.