Exams: Explaining the basic conventions exam questions use

I remember that the WotC Judge Center of old had a brief section at the start of each test that explained how questions were written. With this, I mean things like

• The active player’s name always starts with an ‘A’.
  • The nonactive player’s name always starts with an ‘N’.
  • Assume that the players have all the resources necessary to do whatever the question says they do.
  • Assume all infractions are unintentional unless the question specifically says otherwise.
  • Questions can be single-choice or multi-choice.
  • Single-choice means that exactly one answer is correct; this type of question has (round) radio buttons before the answers.
  • Multi-choice means that any number of answers could be correct, even all of them or none of them; this type of question has (square) checkboxes before the answers. The question will also have reminder text at the end of its text. (Reminder text is italicized text in parentheses that explains rules you already know.)

After someone commented on a question which might seem confusing if you don’t know the third item, I made a quiz for myself and I did not see any such explanations.

So, assuming I didn’t overlook it somehow, my feature request is to please add a brief “how to read these questions” section to the start of each exam.

(Edit: Added explanations for single-choice and multi-choice.)

While some of these are universal, others are not: a program seeking to test basic investigations skills may use a multiple choice question with “DQ for cheating” as an option to ensure that candidates are considering that in the appropriate situations.

However, there are some good points here. I’ve logged this request in our bug tracker.