Event regions/types out of date

This is not a super high priority, but - the types of events and list of regions on Apps are both out of date. Updating them to more accurately reflect the current JF regions and types of events that exist today would be helpful.

• We’re aware that regions have been the same on JudgeApps for some time. Updating these is a larger project that requires coordination with various regional programs. (In Judge Foundry’s case, it seems reasonable to involve the first Regional Coordinator, who is being selected soon.) Additionally, regions currently serve double-duty as the demarcation for regional forums as well as notifications for events. The JudgeApps team needs to decide if we’re going to overhaul this.

• We’ve aimed to keep event types reasonably up-to-date, but I’m open to feedback :slight_smile: Could you be more specific about what you would like to see added and removed, as well as where? In some contexts, it’s important to still show old event types (e.g. filtering).

There are several event types listed that have been defunct for varying amounts of time, including Grand Prix/Trial, Mythic Championship/Qualifier, PPTQ, SCGIQ, and RPTQ, which are all visible when clicking All Events then the Event Type dropdown.
I would suggest deleting these as options from this menu because they’re no longer needed as filters for current event. I’d just have them pop up when looking at past events.