Cleaning up links on the judgeapps website sidebar

I was recently helping an L1 candidate through the signup process and after telling them to read xyz document, they noted that for such an important thing, it was notably missing from the judgeapps sidebar. I also find myself needing to reference these docs a lot, and it would be nice if they were just all on judgeapps

I’d like to propose adding the following sidebar items
Documents (a clickable dropdown with the following items)
CR (yawgatog link potentially?)
IPG
JAR
[optional] cEDH docs (TopDeck.gg Competitive REL MTR/IPG Addendum for Commander Events)

I would like to propose the removal of the following items
exemplar
checklists
(or potentially condensing them under a “historical program” page or “archive” page, or even further, only having these show up if you engaged with the program way back when)

I would like to propose condensing the following items to one link
Regions
Map

Tobi,

First, in general, the JudgeApps sidebar is for links within JudgeApps, whereas the navigation banner that appears on Apps, Blogs, Chat, etc is for navigation between sites and to external resources. I think Paul is currently working on some changes to the navigation banner - we used to have links to some of the other official resources, but they were removed because they were out of date. We do have an IPG link in the Policies section of the top bar, because the AIPG team keeps that up to date, and Yawgatog is an option, but I don’t know if there’s a reliable way to link to the official CR, MTR, or JAR.

We wouldn’t link to TO-specific documents or policies, those are for them to distribute to their judges at the events where they apply.

Exemplar probably shouldn’t be hidden, we don’t want to remove people’s access to their old recognitions through that system.

Checklists isn’t historical or archived, it’s part of the advanced level applications for some Judge Programs, and may also be used for maintenance once Judge Programs start getting around to it.

Some things could be grouped into a “Judges” category, like the judge list, contact form, map, regions, and projects link.

whoa, I didn’t notice the policies tab there! coolio!
we could just host the pdf for the JAR locally? It seldom gets updated,
I also think “documents” might be better nomenclature? but that also might just be what I’m more familiar with.
I think you have reasonable points about the other stuff, mostly I didn’t want to just ask stuff to be added without providing suggestions on how to make space for it, since the sidebar is pretty cluttered as-is